Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Election Night

Alright, its only 20 minutes after the polls in Ontario have closed, and the major news networks are making their predictions. CBC calls a Conservative Majority, and Global calls a Conservative Minority. Most people know that I am not a fan of the Conservatives, but it would be nice for them to be limited to a Minority. I was resigned to the fact that they would be granted a majority so to see this gives a light at the end of the tunnel. I had previously told Winnie that I was convinced that the Cons would get their Majority but it appears that that may be at risk.

No commentary yet though, infact no commentary for a while actually. I am less concerned with the results of the election as I am about the turnout, so I will be writing more heavily about the turnout results which will take a little longer to be posted.

If anyone is unclear about the implications of having a minority or majority government, please feel free to post a comment to this post, and I will write a post about the differences and possibilities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please explain the implications with specific examples to the Conservatives.